Southwest Affordable Housing Group
Managing LIHTC Compliance
• Zeffert & Associates is excited to provide LIHTC training to the Albuquerque area! This is their complete 2-day Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) course with the HCCP exam on the morning of the third day. This course provides a thorough review of the regulations, along with a wealth of practical application. Zeffer's training includes solid instruction on vital tax credit management issues. The entire program is presented in a way to make everyone enjoy the learning process and feel confident that they can be solid compliance professionals. All new major changes are covered. All attendees get a complete electronic copy of the most current LIHTC references.
Day 1 (8:30 am-5:00 pm)
• Introduction and Brief Overview
• The importance of "Learning to Fish"
• What are Tax Credits?
• "The Players"
• Details you must know about your development.
• How Tax Credits are caculated
• 8609 Terms
a. Eligible and Qualified Basis
b. Applicable Fraction
c. Credit Precentages
• Income and Rent Limits
Lunch on your own
• Milestones in the Life of a Property
• Unique Key Requirements
a. Keeping the Next Available Unit and Vacant Unit Rules Straight
• Fair Housing
• Combining LIHTC with Other Programs
Day 2 (8:30 am-5:00 pm)
• Preview of Certification Steps
• Interview and Applications
• Determining Household Size
• Student Status
• Acceptable Verification Methods
Lunch on your own
• Anticipation of Annual Income
• Income from Assets
a. Asset Types and their income
b. Imputing Asset Income
c. Assets "Disposed Of"
• Completing the TIC
• Completing the Move-in
• Monitoring Requirements ("Enjoying" State Visits)
• Updates - Recent IRS Developments
Day 3 (8:30 am-1:150 pm)
• Prep review before exam
• HCCP Exam
Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP)